Monday, January 15, 2007

Half Marathon Training Schedule

I was searching the web for some help on training for my half marathon in March. I found this web site "Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program" it looked ok and it was free! He had programs for different levels and distances.

I'm currently in week 4 of 12
Mon - Stretch & Strengthen - Done
Tues - 3.5 mile - Done
Wed - 35 min tempo - skipped
Thur - 3 mile run + strength
- Done
Fri - Rest
Sat - 3 mile
- Skipped
Sun - 7 mile - Done
Total for week 20.5


What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm using Hal's plan for my half in April and have had great results with his plans in the past. I always tweak them a little, adding in my bike & swim workouts on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Good luck!

Wedgie said...

I used Hal's program for 2 half marathons and 2 marathons and lived to tell the tales. I got so much use out of the free programs that I decided to buy his book, which also has good advice and some motiviation in it.