Monday, March 12, 2007

New Bedford Half Marathon just days away!

I completed my last long run (13 miles) before the New Bedford Half Marathon on Sunday the 18th. I ran about half the actual course and then headed to the park to finish some loops. I wanted to run along the water and hit some of the hills so I would know what to expect on race day. It felt great and my knee did fine, but I could have used another water stop. I hate running with anything in my hands so I parked my car on the route so I could stop about half way and take in some water and a gel. It was a warm day about 47 degrees and the park was full of walkers and kids on bikes. I had to run in the street most of the time, but it was great to just be outside on a nice day.
For the rest of this week I plan on taking it easy. I have a few short 3-4 mile runs planned and two rest days before Sunday’s race.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Good luck and let's hope for some of this weather to keep up thru the weekend for you!

HAVE FUN!

Steve Stenzel said...

GOOD LUCK!!

I'll be waiting for a post...

Robin said...

Today, fri 3/16: Good luck and let's hope for some of this weather to change for you by Sunday (it's supposed to change)....(haha see my first comment to this post)!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck...You have worked very hard to get to this race and we cant wait to watch you reach your goal! Love, Kate,Brennen,Kaitlyn & Cullen

Anonymous said...

Good luck out there! I hope the warm weather earlier this week didn't have you looking forward to a 50 or 60 degree race race this weekend, b'c i know running in a t shirt on wednesday, and now setting out tights, several long sleeve tops, a hat and gloves for my 5k tomorrow, in the snow, just seems odd.

John said...

I have to say I was looking forward to 50+ weather...oh well! I should be ok, I have my running tights, bottom layer, long sleeve top, hat, gloves and snorkel! Does it get any better than that! I'll be sure to post pics soon, this should be a fun race. Thanks everyone!!!