Monday, June 26, 2006

A Much Needed Vacation!

Its time once again for our yearly vacation to Maine. We will be spending the next two-week camping on a beautiful water front site. My wife and I have been camping there for the past 12+ years. We have always enjoyed our time on the lake, boating, fishing and playing on the beach with our children.

This year the lake will take on a new purpose form me... Open water swimming. In the early morning the surface of the lake is like glass and on chilly mornings you can see the steam rising off it. This will be a perfect time to slap on the goggles and go for a nice long swim before breakfast. I need the training!

Running should also prove to be a challenge while in Maine. The paved roads around camp for the most part are long rolling hills, but I welcome the change of scenery.

I can't wait to go! I'll try to keep a log and take pictures so I can post it when I return.

Pray for good weather...Take care!

No comments: