Friday, August 11, 2006

My First Triathlon August 19th

I finally did it! I signed up for the Bayside YMCA Triathlon held on August 19. This will be my first sprint Triathlon and I'm very excided, but nervous. I’ve been training consistently for about 4 months so I think I'm ready, I know I'm ready! I think?

The course consists of .50-mile ocean swim, 12-mile bike and 3 mile run. From what I've been told it’s a good course. The swim in previous years has been calm with little waves, but I guess the weather will have something to say about that. The bike route is new for this year, but should be fairly flat. The run is also flat with plenty of shade. My wife and children will be there to cheer me on! My goal is to just Have Fun and Finish!

Training this week has gone very well. I was able to complete a "Brick" (just think 4 months ago I didn’t know what that was) and still felt good when I was done.

Bike 12 miles: 30.26 min
Run 3 miles: 26.40 min

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

E-Speed said...

good luck! I am sure you will do great! Your kids will be so excited to see you finish!